Ready to get in the Halloween spirit? Naughty nurse costumes and fake blood can be fun costume choices, but they’re probably best left for off-duty celebrations!
Here are some clever ways to promote Halloween spirit at the nurses station (without breaking any office rules):
1. Plan a Halloween-themed mini-potluck. Have everyone bring in their favorite festive treats! Need inspiration? Try making dismembered-finger bread sticks, monster-face cupcakes, or bat-shaped brownies!
2. Add some cheap Halloween decor. Fake cobwebs are one of the cheapest decorations and it only takes a few minutes to add eerie cobwebs to the bulletin board or some picture frames. If cobwebs sound too messy, then decorate with some Halloween-themed paper cutouts. Go for recognizable shapes such as pumpkins, ghosts, black cats, bats, etc...
3. Come up with some simple Halloween-esque activities. Fill a jar with candy corn and have everyone guess the amount in the jar. Create mess-less jack-o’-lanterns by decorating small pumpkins with colored pipe-cleaners, stickers, and permanent marker sketches. Make some silly Halloween mad-libs or word searches for both colleagues and patients to enjoy!
4. Make a poster or handouts with Halloween fun-facts. A simple web search can yield answers to plenty of Halloween trivia. Did you know that jack-o’-lanterns originated in Ireland? And that real blood-sucking bats live in Central and South America?
5. Really wishing you could don an all-out costume? Host an off-duty costume party. Set out fliers in the nurses station with all the details. Make sure the flier includes information on location, time, whether it’s a themed costume party, and whether guests should sign up to bring refreshments.
Keep your work wardrobe up to date! Check out Scrubs123 for Nursing Scrubs, Medical Scrubs & Other Scrub Uniforms. Whatever cut, color, or style you want - Scrubs123 has you covered!