At first it was just because you were lazy. After a long day at work you just didn’t feel like getting off the couch and changing out of your scrubs. After all, why bother? You’re at home. Relaxing. And then there was that time you had to run a couple errands and didn’t feel like changing. No biggie. But then came that time when the thought first struck you...
...that your old navy scrub pants would look really cute with those new sandals, a white t-shirt and that grey cardigan...
You’re not alone if you’ve entertained the idea of wearing your scrubs outside of work. It’s definitely not a bad idea! And when it comes to fashion and function there are about a zillion different ways to make these versatile bad boys work for you. Not sure where to get started? Take a look at these 10 ways to wear scrubs outside of work:
1. Pair an over-sized scrub top with leggings and sandals for a comfy-chic spring look.
2. Wear a scrub jacket (like Medline | Scrub Jackets | Angelstat Unisex) unbuttoned over a summer dress or tank top and jeans.
3. Layer a bold colored short-sleeved scrub top with a neutral long-sleeved t-shirt underneath. Pair with jeans for an easy-going Saturday look.
4. Wear your old scrubs when doing household chores such as washing the car, gardening, or bathing the dog.
5. Add a wide belt to a scrub dress (such as Medline | Scrub Dresses & Skirts | Angelstat Step In Scrub Dress) and throw on some ballet flats.
6. Use elastic waisted scrub pants as transition clothes between maternity apparel and your regular jeans.
7. Try wearing wide-legged scrub pants with a fitted top, bold statement jewelry, and moccasins.
8. Use your old white lab coats as painting smocks.
9. Pair a festive print tunic scrub top with a cardigan and shorts.
10. Utilize your comfiest pair of scrubs as jammies! Just add fuzzy slippers and a Snuggie.
Don’t forget to check out Scrubs123 for a wide selection of Scrub Uniforms, Medical Scrubs & Nursing Scrubs. Perfect for updating your work wardrobe (or your outside-of-work wardrobe...!)