The first couple months that you had your pet you were probably a really, really good pet parent. Probably the first year as a whole wasn’t that bad. Special walks, special food, special treats... Lil’ Sparky probably felt very loved. But let’s face it. You’re pressed for time and you work crazy hours. You and your pet probably have worked out a system by now (in exchange for food once a day there’s no pooping on the carpet) and any additional care simply doesn’t seem feasible.
Yes, it’s a fact of life that your pet won’t get as much attention when you’re taking on extra shifts and working long hours. But there are several ways that you can squeeze in a lil’ extra lovin’ for your furry friend. Check out these tips on caring for pets while maintaining a busy work schedule:
1. Regulate feeding. Free feeding could lead to obesity, so schedule a meal time for your pet and stick with it. Make a habit of rinsing out and refilling the water dish every day.
2. Combine your workout with your pooch’s walk. At least a couple times a week use your daily workout time to take Rover on a walk. This doesn’t have to be long! A brisk 15-minute jaunt will be good for both of you!
3. Wear your pet out once a week. At least once a week make it a goal to wear your pet out. This could be a vigorous string-chase with your kitten or some repetitive fetch with your retriever.
4. Make vet checkups and grooming visits a priority. Schedule them regularly and stick to ‘em. Healthy and clean pets are happy pets!
5. If you’re really pressed for time, consider hiring a pet sitter (a professional or a neighborhood kid that you trust) to feed and play with your pets. It may cost a little, but it can increase the happiness and longevity of your furry friends.
Looking for other ways to maximize your time? Shopping for scrubs and medical apparel is quick and easy when you go to Scrubs123.com - there’s a wide array of Scrub Uniforms, Medical Scrubs, & Nursing Scrubs for you to choose from!
Do you have any pets? Comment below to share how you make time for them in your busy day!